Haven't Signed Up? Here Are the Obamacare Basics
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As Uncle Sam continues to work the kinks out of the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges, more consumers are logging on and checking into their options.
With only a few weeks to go before the March 31 deadline for individuals, 3.8 million consumers have signed up for the exchanges through Feb. 25.
The Affordable Care Act is built on the premise that the more people who sign up (especially healthier, younger Americans), the better the system works.
Time is growing short for people to sign up for insurance through the exchanges, and many may have questions that make them hesitate."Individuals are able to sign up for health insurance in the federal and state exchanges -- also known as the Health Insurance Marketplace -- through March 31, so this is a good time for many people to look at their options and make decisions," says Steve Sell, president of the managed health care provider <B's Western Region Health Plan.
$15,510 to $62,040 for a family of two.
$19,530 to $78,120 for a family of three.
$23,550 to $94,200 for a family of four.
$27,570 to $110,280 for a family of five.
$31,590 to $126,360 for a family of six.
$35,610 to $142,440 for a family of seven.
$39,630 to $158,520 for a family of eight. The above isn't all you need to know about health care plan options on the government exchanges, but it's a good start. For a more thorough look, check out HealthCare.gov, the government's gateway to the national health care plan exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV