Trade-Ideas: Dresser-Rand Group (DRC) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- DRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.5 million.
- DRC is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DRC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DRC: Dresser-Rand Group Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of engineered rotating equipment solutions to the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power generation, military, and other industries worldwide. DRC has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Dresser-Rand Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dresser-Rand Group has been 899,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dresser-Rand Group has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 6.5% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are down 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dresser-Rand Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 18.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.35 versus $1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.05 versus $2.35).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 19.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $41.20 million to $49.40 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dresser-Rand Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.