By market close, shares had taken off 7.8% to $2.37. Trading volume of 4.25 million was more than double its three-month daily average.
The molecular diagnostic equipment specialist recorded a net loss of $18.9 million, or 16 cents a share, for the three months to December, in line with expectations of analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue of $45.1 million, though 34% higher than the year-ago quarter, fell short of consensus by $1.92 million.The San Diego-based business said it hopes to achieve break-even quarterly earnings and positive cash flow by the fourth quarter of 2014. SQNM data by YCharts Must Read: Ukraine Won't Become a Cold War Throwback STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV