TULSA, Okla., Feb. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation ("EDC") (Nasdaq:EDUC) ( http://www.edcpub.com) today announced their quarterly cash dividend and fiscal year 2014 net sales increase over fiscal year 2013.
EDC completed its fiscal year today, February 28, 2014. We are proud to announce unaudited results reflect a record net sales year for the Publishing division, EDC Publishing. The Home Business division, Usborne Books & More (UBAM), recorded a yearly net sales increase for the first time in nine years.
The Board of Directors has authorized a $0.08 per share cash dividend. The dividend will be paid on March 21, 2014 to shareholders of record March 14, 2014.About Educational Development Corporation Educational Development Corporation sells children's books, including Usborne Books and the Kane Miller line of international children's titles through a multi-level sales organization of independent consultants, through 5,000 retail stores and over the Internet. More than 1,600 different titles are available for children of all ages, with periodic new additions.
CONTACT: Educational Development Corporation Randall White, (918) 622-4522
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV