By market close, shares had taken off 4.2% to $27.21.
The enterprise storage and information services provider recorded net income of 15 cents a share, a nickel less than a year earlier. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 22 cents a share.
Revenue of $768.53 million was short consensus of $775.44 million."Our business fundamentals for the fourth quarter were in line with our expectations, and we are pleased with the underlying trends in the business as we move into 2014," said CEO William L. Meaney in a statement. Management guided for fiscal 2014 revenue between $3.09 billion and $3.17 billion. Analysts forecast sales of $3.12 billion. Must Read: Ukraine Won't Become a Cold War Throwback STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates IRON MOUNTAIN INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate IRON MOUNTAIN INC (IRM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IRM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV