- Repeatedly misidentifying Tad Dickson, the director candidate whom the Company nominated in January 2014 to stand for election to the Board, as Terry McElroy, who has been a Board member since 2006 and is one of our longest-serving directors;
- Wrongly asserting that Mr. Dickson’s extensive experience in the supermarket industry—including serving most recently as Chairman and CEO of Harris Teeter Supermarkets, a leading food retailer in the southeastern U.S. with 216 stores and $4.1 billion of revenue—does not constitute valid retail experience, despite the fact that Harris Teeter is a renowned leader in the supermarket industry offering fresh and prepared food for immediate consumption; and
- Suggesting that director nominee Kathleen Guion did not have relevant fuel experience, when in fact, she accumulated significant fuel experience through her service as President and COO of E-Z Serve Convenience Stores, a chain of over 600 stores with fuel operations in the Houston area, and as Vice President and General Manager of 7-Eleven convenience stores. Ms. Guion also demonstrated exceptional retail experience as an executive with Dollar General, which under her leadership significantly expanded its food merchandise offering.
The Pantry Responds To Erroneous Information Published By Glass Lewis And Dissident Group
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.