For the fourth quarter Entravision reported earnings of 11 cents a share, beating analysts' estimates of 10 cents a share by 1 cent. Revenue fell 5.7% from the year ago quarter to $60.1 million for the company. That beats analysts' estimates of $57.97 million in revenue for the quarter.
Alongside the quarterly results Entravision announced a quarterly cash dividend of 2.5 cents a share. The dividend is payable on March 31 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 14. The ex-dividend date is March 12.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EVC's share price has jumped by 212.69%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although EVC had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- ENTRAVISION COMMUNICATIONS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENTRAVISION COMMUNICATIONS turned its bottom line around by earning $0.15 versus -$0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus $0.15).
- EVC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $5.17 million or 29.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 395.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.23 million to -$21.38 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EVC Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts