In essence, the bear case isn't that Baidu isn't growing revenue, but the company will become less profitable going forward as it continues to make sizable investments in infrastructure and other areas to secure its dominant position.
But Cramer said big investments are exactly what he wants to see from growths stocks, and the bullish analyst agrees. With Baidu rapidly growing its mobile revenue from 10% just last year to over 20% today, Cramer said that investors looking for growth in China will find no better place to be.
Taking Your Vitamins
Back on Feb. 13, GNC reported disappointing earnings, missing expectations by 2 cents a share. That news took down shares of GNC, whose expectations were too high, but also sent shares of Vitamin Shoppe lower by 6% as collateral damage.Fast forward just two weeks and Vitamin Shoppe beats by 1 cent on 17% higher revenue and a 4.6% rise in same-store sales. That news sent shares up a quick 8%, making back all of its prior losses. But with the trade in Vitamin Shoppe now over, Cramer said he'd sell into strength and buy back, you guessed it, GNC. He said GNC offers more dependable growth, has 10% international exposure and trades at just 14 times earnings with a 17% growth rate. What made GNC stumble in early February? Bad weather did take a toll, but so did the company's transition to a new loyalty program, two events that are now behind it. With shares of GNC off 13 points from their highs, Cramer said he's once again betting on GNC.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Splunk (SPLK), Talisman Energy (TLM), Drew Industries (DW), ConocoPhillips (COP) and SPDR Gold Shares (GLD).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV