BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The S&P 500 is knocking out new highs this week, but that's not stopping some of Wall Street's biggest names from looking "toxic" as we head into March. Own these names at your own peril.
Over the course of this broad market rally, there's been a bigger-than-normal gap between the leaders and the laggards. In a very real way, the S&P 500's 22% run higher in the last 12 months has magnified the benefits of owning momentum leaders -- as well as the underperformance you'll see if you hang onto the toxic names.
Want to secure market-beating performance in 2014? Then avoiding the performance drags on your portfolio is more than half the battle. That's why we're taking a technical look today at five toxic stocks you should start selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV