By late morning Friday, shares had tumbled 14.5% to $72.44.
For the first quarter ending March, the footwear company expects revenues to grow 6% from the year-ago quarter, assuming total sales of $279.58 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected revenue of $285.63 million.
Management guided for a quarterly net loss of 16 cents a share from a profit of 3 cents a share a year earlier. Analysts had forecast a loss of 2 cents a share."A significant amount of our operating expenses are fixed and spread evenly on an absolute dollar basis throughout each quarter," the company said in a statement. "Therefore, we expect our earnings to decline in the first half of 2014 as compared to the first half of 2013, which are typically our lowest volume sales quarters, and increase over 2013 in the back half of the calendar year." For the year ending Dec. 31, the UGG owner said it expects revenue to increase around 10%, assuming total sales of $1.71 billion. Diluted earnings growth of 8% is forecast, assuming earnings per share of $4.51. Analysts had forecast fiscal 2014 earnings of $4.54 a share and revenue in line with guidance. Must Read: Apple Tops Most Admired List STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP (DECK) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DECK Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV