This story has been updated to include information regarding eligibility.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Do you still not have an Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5s? Best Buy (BBY) is offering a sweet $1 deal for Apple iPhone 4s and 5 trade-ins, but you only have two days to take advantage of it.
Best Buy's latest smartphone deal offers customers looking to trade in their iPhone 4s or 5 for the iPhone 5s 16GB for $149.99. In order to get the discounted 5s price, eligible customers must purchase the phone with a new activation agreement through Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T) or Sprint (S). Customers who trade in their phones will receive a minimum $150 gift card to be used towards the iPhone purchase.
The offer is only good for Feb. 28 and March 1. Come Sunday the deal on the popular smartphone is gone.
The fine print caveats in this deal include:
- Customers must be eligible for a new activation agreement. Check with Best Buy if you have a few days left on your agreement on whether you can still get the deal.
- The deal does not include any taxes or surcharges due at the time of purchase.
- The deal must be done in stores not online.
- Not all Best Buy stores accept trade-in phones, so go online to find the nearest one to you.
- Not all products are eligible for trade-in and trade-in values may vary depending on the condition of the iPhone.
(Hint: Best Buy is of course looking for phones in "excellent" condition. If you have a slight scratch that brings that phone down a notch and could affect the trade in value. Also be sure to bring the charger and original box with you. That, too, affects trade-in value. So basically, getting more than $150 is a long shot.)Follow @LKulikowski
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts