Sterling Financial Corp Stock Upgraded (STSA)
- The gross profit margin for STERLING FINANCIAL CORP/WA is currently very high, coming in at 89.42%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.45% is above that of the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 44.39% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- STERLING FINANCIAL CORP/WA has improved earnings per share by 6.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STERLING FINANCIAL CORP/WA reported lower earnings of $1.48 versus $6.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.53 versus $1.48).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $20.95 million to $22.15 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts