Hamilton, Bermuda, Feb. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
- Golar LNG ("Golar" or the "Company") reports a fourth quarter 2013 ("fourth quarter") net income of $4.3 million (including a non-cash gain of $13.2 million on interest rate swaps).
- EBITDA* generated in the quarter amounts to a loss of $5.5 million.
- The Company takes delivery of the Golar Seal ("Seal") and Golar Celsius ("Celsius") in October.
- LNG carrier Golar Arctic completes scheduled drydock during November on time and budget.
- Golar agrees to sell its interest in the floating storage and regasification unit ("FSRU") Golar Igloo to Golar LNG Partners (the "Partnership" or "Golar Partners") for $310 million, subject to certain closing conditions.
- Golar Partners completes its fourth follow-on equity offering raising net proceeds of $150 million. Concurrent to this public offering, Golar sells 3.4 million of its common units representing limited partner interests in Golar Partners raising net proceeds of $98.9 million.
- Gimi proceeds to layup in Far-East.
- Spot and short term chartering market becomes challenging driven by production shutdowns and an increasing number of available vessels.
- Board maintains dividend at $0.45 for the quarter.
* Adjusted EBITDA is defined as earnings before interest, depreciation and amortization equal to operating income plus depreciation and amortization.Subsequent events
- EPC contract negotiations for the floating liquefaction vessel conversion in final stages.
- The company concludes financing for four of its remaining five unfinanced newbuilds.
- FSRU Golar Igloo ("Igloo") delivers from yard on February 5 and proceeds toward Kuwait for delivery into five year charter arrangement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV