Investment ideasTelecom stocks are often perceived to be boring, low-growth safety stocks. The percent return over the past year for AT&T is -7%, though its return on investment (ROI) is nearly 13% and its return on equity (ROE) is over 20%. The story for Verizon is the same.
2. AT&T, Inc. ( T): Provides telecommunication services to consumers, businesses, and other service providers worldwide. Market cap at $171.02B, most recent closing price at $32.47.
3. Sprint Nextel Corp. ( S): Offers wireless and wireline communications products. Market cap at $33.13B, most recent closing price at $8.40.
4. Verizon Communications Inc. ( VZ): Provides communication services. Market cap at $132.54B, most recent closing price at $46.23.
5. Motorola Solutions, Inc. ( MSI): Provides business and mission critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers worldwide. Market cap at $16.75B, most recent closing price at $64.96.
6. Apple Inc. ( AAPL): Designs, manufactures, and markets PCs, mobile devices, and portable digital music players, and sells related software, services, and third-party digital applications. Market cap at $472.72B, most recent closing price at $527.55.