Citrix today announced its SXSW 2014 event “ Hack to the Future: Reinventing the Way We Work,” a panel and hackathon focused on the future of work in an era of open mobile platforms and wearable technology. On Sunday, March 9, Bernd Christiansen, chief technology officer for the Citrix SaaS division, will be joined by innovative thinkers from Twitter, Jawbone, Bitcoin Foundation and Draper Associates in a stimulating discussion about the tools and trends that will shape how we work and live over the next decade and beyond.
In an effort to inspire further new innovations, attendees are invited to compete in a mini hackathon. The challenge is to create a visionary new app to help people and teams work better together. The winning developers will have an opportunity to pitch their ideas to Draper Associates, one of Silicon Valley’s top seed-stage venture capital firms, as well as receive annual premium licenses to Citrix GoToMeeting, the popular web conferencing tool that makes it simple to meet with anyone, from anywhere, on any device.
The “Hack to the Future” panel, hosted by Citrix, is comprised of executives from some of the world’s most disruptive organizations:
- Leslie Miley, Sr. Engineering Manager, Twitter
- Patrick Murck, Legal Counsel, Bitcoin Foundation
- Joel Yarmon, Partner, Draper Associates
- Adrienne Huesca, Intellectual Property, Jawbone
- Bernd Christensen, Chief Technology Officer, SaaS Division, Citrix
- 1st prize: $10,000 and an in-person pitch meeting with Draper Associates, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin
- 2nd prize: $5,000, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- 3rd prize: $2,500, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- All winners will receive a one year license for GoToMeeting