- Net revenue totaled a record R$17.3 billion in 2013, 14% up on the previous year. Fourth-quarter net revenue increased by 6% over 3Q13 to R$4.9 billion, another new record.
- Annual net revenue from steel operations totaled R$12.4 billion in 2013, also a record, 15% up on 2012;
- Total annual steel sales amounted to 6.1 million tonnes, while domestic sales totaled 4.7 million tonnes, 5% and 3% up on 2012, respectively, and also new records;
- Fourth-quarter net revenue from mining operations came to R$1.9 billion, 17% more than in the previous three months.
- Iron ore sales volume totaled 7.8 million tonnes in 4Q13, 2% higher than in 3Q13, while iron ore shipped through Tecar, in the Port of Itaguaí, reached a record 8.9 million tonnes, 8% up in the same period;
- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$1.8 billion in 4Q13, 6% up on the R$1.7 billion posted in 3Q13, primarily fueled by the mining segment;
- The consolidated EBITDA margin reached 32% in 4Q13, the highest quarterly figure since 4Q11;
- CSN and Namisa adhered to the Tax Settlement Program (REFIS), which impacted the consolidated result by R$937 million. Excluding this effect, CSN would have recorded consolidated net income of R$450 million in 4Q13;
- CSN closed the fourth quarter with cash and cash equivalents of R$13.1 billion.
CSN Posts Record Net Revenue Of R$17.3 Billion In 2013, With Steel Sales Of More Than 6.1 Million Tonnes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts