ALLENTOWN, Pa., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) received official confirmation Friday (2/28) that business plans submitted by its four Western Power Distribution subsidiaries in the United Kingdom have been accepted in full, subject to a cost of equity change, for the 8-year price control period starting April 1, 2015.
In announcing its final "fast track" decision for the WPD subsidiaries, the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) issued a final determination of base revenues for the period, and operating results that must be delivered in order to earn bonus revenue for exceptional performance.
"The well-justified business plans we submitted in July 2013 reflect the excellence in reliability, cost and customer satisfaction that our U.K. team has consistently delivered," said Rick L. Klingensmith, president of PPL Global. "We appreciate Ofgem's recognition of the high quality in our business plans, and our ability to deliver value to customers."
Ofgem set the real cost of equity for the WPD subsidiaries at 6.4 percent, above the 6.0 percent rate for electric distribution companies not accepted for fast tracking. Projected earnings ranges for PPL's U.K. Regulated business segment are unchanged from the company's announcement in July 2013.Fast tracking affords several benefits to the WPD subsidiaries, including the ability to collect additional annual revenue equivalent to 2.5 percent of total annual expenditures, or approximately $35 million, a higher level of cost savings retention, and completion of the regulatory review process nine months earlier than other electricity distribution companies. "With the final determination in place, we can turn our full attention to preparing to execute on our business plans starting next April, delivering the expected results for our customers, the regulator and PPL shareowners," Klingensmith said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV