OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:FGP) today announced that David L. Starling has been appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of its general partner, Ferrellgas, Inc., effective February 27, 2014.
Starling is the Chief Executive Officer and President of Kansas City Southern, a transportation holding company that has railroad investments in the United States, Mexico and Panama. Its primary U.S. holding is Kansas City Southern Railway Company, which serves the central and south central United States. A member of the Kansas City Southern Board of Directors, Starling also serves as chairman of the boards of Kansas City Southern Railway Company and Kansas City Southern de Mexico.
" David Starling has an impressive history of building shareholder value at one of our nation's oldest Class I railroad companies," says President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen L. Wambold. "We're thrilled to welcome to our board someone who is such a well recognized and respected leader of his industry, and we look forward to the valuable strategic insight he will bring to Ferrellgas."
Ferrellgas Partners, L.P., through its operating partnership, Ferrellgas, L.P., serves customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Ferrellgas employees indirectly own more than 21 million common units of the partnership through an employee stock ownership plan. More information about the partnership can be found online at www.ferrellgas.com.Contact: Tom Colvin, Investor Relations, 913-661-1530 Scott Brockelmeyer, Media Relations, (913) 661-1830 SOURCE Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV