- Revenues increased 3.8% to $259.6 million versus $250.1 million a year ago.
- Net income was $14.6 million in the fourth quarter compared to $10.7 million a year ago, an increase of $3.9 million, or 36.4% from a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 17.5% to $70.9 million from $60.4 million, yielding a margin of 27.3% compared to 24.1% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 12.0%, or $9.7 million, to $90.4 million due to a larger fleet and improved rates compared to a year ago. Demand remained strong during the fourth quarter.
- Used equipment sales increased 28.9% to $38.0 million from $29.5 million a year ago.
- Gross margin was 31.5% as compared to 29.4% a year ago. Rental gross margin increased to 48.9% compared to 48.1% a year ago and combined parts and services gross margin improved to 42.6% versus 39.2% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) was 71.9% compared to 71.8% a year ago and 72.3% in the third quarter of 2013. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) was 66.0% compared to 66.6% last year and last quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 5.6% compared to a year ago and improved 0.4% compared to the third quarter of this year.
- Dollar utilization was 36.2% compared to 36.4% a year ago.
- Average rental fleet age at December 31, 2013 was 34.9 months, down from 38.0 months at the end of the last year and approximately ten months younger than the current industry average age of 45 months.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Fourth Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts