- Genzyme is sponsoring a Rare Disease Day running/walking relay which connects 12 Genzyme sites around the world.
- Genzyme is participating in parliamentary events from Australia to the UK, and is sponsoring and participating on the “Science Behind Rare Diseases” panel discussion at the Rare Disease Caucus Briefing in Washington, D.C.
- In Naarden, over 50 employees join together for the “Express that you care” workshop creating 3 colourful paintings - one of the paintings will move to the new building of the Dutch Association for Children and Parents with Metabolic Diseases (VKS).
- Genzyme is the primary sponsor of Japan’s main Rare Disease Day event, held at Tokyo Station. The event includes a panel exhibition, speeches about rare diseases from patients and students, and a library of rare disease themed books.
- Genzyme is partnering with the Italian Rare Disease Patient Movement and the Italian Glicogenosis Association to showcase photos of people living with rare diseases in the Fotograf-Rare exhibition.
- In São Paulo, Brazil, Genzyme employees join patients and other supporters for a Rare Diseases Street Walk between Mario Covas Park and Trianon Park.
- In Spain, Genzyme is working with the Federation for Rare Diseases (FEDER) to teach schoolchildren about the daily realities faced by their classmates living with rare diseases through an ongoing program called “Take a Rare Challenge.”
- Genzyme is working with the Philippine Society for Orphan Disorders, Inc. (PSOD) to hold a Household Business Forum teaching caregivers of rare disease patients how they can earn a living while staying home to care for their family member.
- In Germany, healthcare policies related to this year’s theme “caring” will be discussed with an interdisciplinary “expert talk round” and with journalists.
- Genzyme is partnering with the Hong Kong Alliance of Patients’ Organizations (HKAPO), the Hong Kong Mucopolysaccharidoses and Rare Genetic Diseases Mutual Aid Group (HKMPS), and various stakeholders to organize a roundtable on rare disease policy development. HKAPO will use the output of the meeting to develop a white paper report on rare disease policy in Hong Kong.
- In France, Genzyme has joined forces with the patient association Alliance Maladies Rares to explain rare diseases to children by creating a partnership with the newspaper “Mon Petit Quotidien.” The proposed program is developed for French schools.
Genzyme Recognizes International Rare Disease Day With Global Awareness Programs And Launch Of Fourth Annual Patient Advocacy Leadership (PAL) Awards
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.