- The Alberta Energy Regulator announced today that it has granted approval of Coalspur's Vista project
- The AER approval is a significant milestone in the regulatory process for the approval of Vista, and places Coalspur in a position to finalize its detailed permits and licences
- Coalspur continues with discussions to secure the balance of development funding for Vista
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 27, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coalspur Mines Limited ("Coalspur" or "Company") (ASX:CPL) (TSX:CPT) announced today that the Alberta Energy Regulator ("AER") has approved Coalspur's Vista coal project ("Vista"). In its decision, the AER panel stated that Vista "will result in a significant socioeconomic net benefit to both the local region and the province".
The AER approval is a significant milestone in the regulatory process for the approval of Vista and places Coalspur in a position to work with the regulators to finalize detailed licences and permits over the coming months."This is an exciting landmark in the development of Vista and we are very pleased to have received approval from the AER", said Gill Winckler, Coalspur President and CEO. "Receipt of this approval represents an important step in Coalspur's vision to be a leading export thermal coal producer. The certainty that the decision provides, positions the Company well as it works to finalize the remaining funding for Vista over the coming months." "Coalspur has engaged with various regulatory bodies and stakeholders over the past two years and this decision reflects our ongoing commitment to engagement, sustainability and corporate citizenship. We thank the AER for its diligent work on its review of Coalspur's applications, and will continue to work with regulators and stakeholders as we develop this important energy resource for the benefit of communities close to Vista and Alberta as a whole."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV