As the region braces for the second, and more severe rainstorm, Southern California Edison (SCE) reminds its customers that they may experience unplanned outages and to never approach or touch downed power lines.
The system is performing well and the company has taken steps to position additional personnel, which includes restoration and repair crews in preparation for the predicted rainstorm.
SCE has also decided to postpone many scheduled maintenance outages starting Friday evening through Sunday, as long as it does not pose an immediate public safety and reliability issue. Additional call center representatives will handle customer inquiries through the weekend.
- Watch for traffic signals that may be out. Approach those intersections as four-way stops.
- Make sure you have a battery-operated radio and flashlights. Check the batteries to make sure they are fresh. Use flashlights for lighting during a power outage; do not use candles because they may pose a significant fire hazard.
- If you use a generator, place it outdoors and plug individual appliances directly into it, using a heavy-duty extension cord. Connecting generators directly to household circuits creates “backfeed,” which is dangerous to repair crews.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts