For the fourth quarter YRC posted a loss of $1.71 a share, compared to a loss of $4.53 a share in the year-ago quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected a loss of $2.77 a share. Revenue rose 3% from the year-ago quarter to $1.21 billion, while analysts expected revenue of $1.18 billion.
YRC was able to post a profit of $400,000 for the quarter, compared to a loss of $35.3 million in the year-ago quarter. "For the first time in the last five years, we do not have the overhang of any near-term debt maturities," CEO James Welch said in a statement.
The trucking company recently reached a deal with the Teamsters Union that extended the company's labor contract until 2019. The extended contract helped the YRC restructure its $1.36 billion debt.Must read: 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. YRCW data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV