- Demonstrating the company’s focus on creating a competitive advantage through innovative omni-channel capabilities, online net sales increased 21 percent to $2.26 billion for fiscal year 2013.
- In fiscal year 2013, the company expanded its Gap store base in mainland China, opening 34 stores, for a total of 81 stores, inclusive of Gap outlet stores. The brand expects to open about 30 additional Gap stores in China during fiscal year 2014.
- Continuing to grow its Old Navy brand globally, the company expects in fiscal year 2014 to debut Old Navy in China with about 5 stores and begin franchising Old Navy stores internationally, starting with the Philippines this March. In addition, Old Navy expanded its presence in Japan by opening 17 stores during fiscal year 2013 and plans to open about 25 new stores in Japan during fiscal year 2014.
- Building on its success at the intersection of fashion and fitness, the company’s Athleta brand ended fiscal year 2013 with 65 Athleta stores and expects to open about 30 additional U.S. stores during fiscal year 2014.
- The company continued to grow its Franchise business during fiscal year 2013 with 72 new stores, now totaling 375 stores in over 40 global markets. In fiscal year 2014, the company expects its franchise partners to open about 75 additional stores across Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
Gap Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.