MOLINE, Ill., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) announced today it will move the production of EZtrak™ zero turn mowers from its factory in Horicon, Wisconsin to its facility in Greeneville, Tennessee.
"This is a customer-focused initiative that moves the production of this product line closer to its customer base," said James Field, president of the Worldwide Agriculture & Turf Division. "We also will improve our logistics for distributing this product."
Today's action does not reduce the number of core wage employees in Horicon but does reduce the number of seasonal employees that are hired during peak manufacturing at the facility. The move will result in an increase of manufacturing operations and distribution positions in Greeneville.
John Deere Horicon Works manufactures premium lawn equipment and utility vehicles. Today's action will provide additional factory space and workforce stability. Meanwhile, the John Deere factory in Greeneville will expand its product line from solely being focused on the John Deere 100 Series Lawn Tractor and will improve utilization of its manufacturing capacity. Production of the EZtrak™ product will begin in Greeneville by early Oct 2014.Deere & Company is committed to the success of customers, whose work is linked to the land, providing advanced products and services to cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. For more information, visit www.JohnDeere.com. SOURCE Deere & Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV