For the fourth quarter the satellite communications company posted earnings of 18 cents a share, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 21 cents a share by 3 cents. Revenue rose 6.4% from the year-ago quarter to $98.2 million while analysts predicted revenue of $98.89 million.
The company expects revenue to grow by 2% to 4% for the full-year 2014. Iridium expects full-year 2014 OEBITDA between $205 million and $215 million. OEBITDA for 2013 was $201.1 million.
- IRDM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $44.07 million or 1.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.22%.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.01, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.04 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has decreased by 7.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $17.84 million to $16.59 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IRDM Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.