NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mylan (MYL) soared to an all-time high of $57.06 as of 2:57 p.m. EST on Thursday after the pharmaceutical company reported fourth-quarter earnings that surpassed analysts' expectations.
The company noted earnings of 78 cents a share, excluding items, which surpassed the Capital IQ consensus estimate of 75 cents a share. Revenue rose 5.9% year over year to $1.81 billion, which equaled the consensus estimate.
Mylan also issued guidance for the fiscal year 2014 and expects earnings per share of $3.25 to $3.60 and revenue of $7.8 billion to $8.2 billion. The Capital IQ consensus estimate calls for $3.43 a share on revenue of $7.73 billion.
Must Read: An Intraday SnapshotSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV