BioTelemetry, which provides products and services to healthcare professionals to help diagnose and monitor patients, reported adjusted earnings per share of 5 cents, an improvement from the loss of 9 cents in the same period one year earlier. Revenue increased 10.3% year-over-year to $33.1 million. These figures beat the consensus estimate of a loss of 4 cents a share on revenue of $32.26 million.
"Looking forward, we enter 2014 with considerable momentum to execute on our strategic plan. We expect to take additional market share and further solidify our position as the industry's technology leader," said President and CEO Joseph Capper in the company's statement. "We have never been better positioned to compete and we expect to have another successful year in 2014."
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.88 million or 61.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, BIOTELEMETRY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$3.12 million to -$2.96 million.
- The gross profit margin for BIOTELEMETRY INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.05%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.27% is in-line with the industry average.
- BIOTELEMETRY INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOTELEMETRY INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.48 versus -$2.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.33 versus -$0.48).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BEAT Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts