Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) Chief Executive Officer Charles Scharf today released the following statement regarding his appointment by President Obama to the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability for Young Americans:
“I am honored to be appointed by the President and grateful for the opportunity to serve on the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability for Young Americans. As a father of two, I feel a personal commitment to the issue of ensuring our nation’s children have the knowledge and skills they need to be financially successful.
“Building the financial capability of young Americans is critically important to ensuring a vibrant, expanding economy and a financially secure nation. Fueling economic growth is at the core of what Visa does every day and it’s why championing greater financial literacy is in our DNA. Our deep commitment to financial capability is rooted in this belief. For more than 15 years we’ve been helping parents and teachers bring personal finance education to millions of American students.
“I look forward to working with Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Council Chair John Rogers and my colleagues on the Council to achieve real progress advancing financial capability for young Americans.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV