By early afternoon, FuelCell had added 7.7% to $1.95. Trading volume of 9.8 million was nearly double its three-month daily average of 5.3 million.
Ballard Power was up 9% to $3.65, with trading volume of 9 million more than three times its three-month average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BLDP Ratings Report
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, FUELCELL ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FUELCELL ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.62%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -17.58% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$18.77 million or 39.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.37 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, FCEL's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.15, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 14.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$11.34 million to -$9.70 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FCEL Ratings Report