REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On Sunday, March 9, iControl Networks, Silicon Labs and Time Warner Cable will co-host the ' Connected Home Developers Garage' at SXSW 2014. The Developers Garage will bring together device and application developers with smart home leaders to discuss innovations in the smart home and learn about what's on the horizon for this projected $71 billion industry.
"There is an incredible opportunity for device and app developers to become part of the next generation of the smart home," said Jim Johnson, executive vice president and general manager at iControl Networks. "People want an integrated, smart solution that they trust to manage their homes and lives. That will come by building an ecosystem of interoperable devices and apps that can 'talk' to each other and all be managed by consumers through one unified dashboard. The Developers Garage is a prime forum for leaders to join together and discuss how we can continue to grow this vision."
Leading connected device and app developers have already gotten involved in the rapidly growing smart home market by joining the iControl OpenHome™ Partner Program, which enables them to easily integrate their solutions with iControl's technology, the power behind many of North America's biggest smart home solutions including Xfinity Home by Comcast, Time Warner Cable IntelligentHome and Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, among others.
The Connected Home Developers Garage will take place on Sunday, March 9, from 10 am to 6 pm CST at Silicon Labs' Austin headquarters located at 200 West Cesar Chavez Street. The speaker lineup will include executives from the following industry leaders:
- iControl Networks
- Keen Home
- Life 360
- Logitech Harmony
- Parks Associates
- Rogers Communications
- Silicon Labs
- Time Warner Cable
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV