In the category of "Best Newcomer," the honor goes not to Twitter (TWTR), but to Zulily (ZU), the daily deals Web site for moms that is up 81% since its initial public offering. Cramer said Zulily is in a fabulous niche that could one day rival Amazon.com (AMZN) in its brand cache.
Gold Bulls, the Sequel
Continuing with his "Golden Bull Awards," Cramer gave the award for "Best Editing" to a company that "trimmed" its operations so it could be acquired for a hefty premium. That company is Beam (BEAM), which is now being acquired by the Japanese firm Suntory.
Cramer said that back in 2011 Beam's parent was worth $13 billion. Today, after several spinoffs that made this acquisition possible, the enterprise value of all the parts totals $25 billion.
For the "Lifetime Achievement" award, the winner is Mark Papa, former CEO of EOG Resources (EOG), one of the pioneering shale oil drillers and now a powerhouse in that sector.Finally, the award for "Best Picture" goes to Facebook (FB), the viewer's choice and Cramer's as well for his Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. Facebook is the only company able to give advertisers what they really want -- targeted advertising, and with 52% of its revenue now stemming from mobile, Facebook is a truly remarkable company.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Lowe's (LOW), HollyFrontier (HFC), Tyson Foods (TSN) and FleetCor Technologies (FLT). Cramer was bearish on Transocean (RIG), ADT (ADT), SeaChange International (SEAC), Atmel (ATML) and Pinnacle Foods (PF).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV