This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
TheStreet Open House

Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Next Week's Game Plan

Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- All eyes are on next week's non-farm payroll numbers, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Friday, and investors are already positioning for what's expected to be a second weak number in a row.

With a growing sense of doom among big investors, Cramer said his game plan for next week's trading expects that 75% of the markets will be controlled by Friday's report, leaving only 25% of the action riding on actual stocks.

On Monday, Cramer expects both Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) and SolarCity (SCTY) to end higher after they report. On Tuesday, he said investors should be buying AutoZone (AZO) on any weakness ahead of its earnings.

The liquor and spirits market remains on fire, said Cramer, which is why he said Brown-Forman (BF.B) is worth more than it currently trades. The company reports on Wednesday.

Thursday brings Joy Global (JOY) and Kroger (KR), two stocks Cramer said will likely fail to deliver, but he was a fan of Costco (COST) and would buy that stock on any weakness ahead of the quarter.

Finally, on Friday, in addition to the non-farm payroll numbers, it's Foot Locker (FL) reporting. Cramer said he'd buy this stock if the markets take a hit.

Golden Bulls

Cramer rolled out the red carpet for his first "Golden Bull Awards" celebrating the companies and executives worth praising for what they've been able to accomplish for their shareholders.

Cramer's first honor for "Best Director" goes to Bob Iger, CEO of Walt Disney (DIS - Get Report), a stock that was up 55% in 2013 and is up another 6% so far in 2014.

Disney, under Iger, has become a media and content powerhouse, said Cramer, with movies, TV, sports and theme parks all poised to deliver excellent results for years to come.

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Try it NOW
Only $9.95
Try it NOW
14-Days Free
Try it NOW

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
BEAM $83.47 0.02%
ZU $13.38 3.50%
CMG $655.03 -1.20%
DIS $106.15 0.64%
FB $83.18 -0.14%


DOW 17,976.31 +263.65 1.49%
S&P 500 2,086.24 +25.22 1.22%
NASDAQ 4,947.4410 +56.2220 1.15%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs