Cobalt reported a loss of 21 cents a share, excluding items, which was 6 cents worse than the Capital IQ consensus estimate of a loss of 15 cents a share. The company did not report revenue for the quarter.
The company reported a net loss of $222 million, or 55 cents per basic and diluted share, significantly wider than the net loss of $67 million, or 16 cents per basic and diluted share, in the same period one year earlier. The fourth quarter included $139 million, or 34 cents a share, for the impairment of expenditures, including approximately $107 million tied to the company's Aegean #1 exploratory well, Aegean-related prospect leases and other Gulf of Mexico leases. The loss also included approximately $32 million associated with exploration in Angola.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV