BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are pointed lower this morning, the first hint of a short-term correction after the nonstop rally the S&P 500 has been on for the past month.
As I write, the big index is sitting on the high end of its uptrend -- and while that "frothiness" may make some investors nervous right now, it shouldn't. Make no mistake, we're still in a "buy the dips" market. Now it's time to wait for the next dip.
But that doesn't mean you have to sit on your hands and wait for the S&P 500 to roll over. While the big index is on "pause" right now, there are breakout trades setting up in Wall Street's biggest stocks right now. Today, we'll take a technical look at five of them.>>5 Stocks Ready to Explode Higher If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV