By late morning, shares had added 12.9% to $10.70.
Management said it expected revenue growth between 15% and 20%, assuming total sales in the range of $1.34 billion to $1.4 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated fiscal revenue of $1.24 billion.
Revenue growth will be "primarily driven by its thermal management solutions for the advanced electronics markets and the launch of high temperature furnace system products for solar, LED, and consumer electronics," the company said in a statement.Better-than-expected growth was enough for investors to overlook missed fourth-quarter expectations. The graphite electrode specialist recorded a net loss of 3 cents a share for the three months to December. Analysts had forecast a profit of 3 cents a share. Revenue of $309 million was 16.7% lower than a year earlier and missed consensus by $16.2 million. Must Read: J.C. Penney: 'Not Bad' Ain't Good Enough STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GRAFTECH INTERNATIONAL LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GRAFTECH INTERNATIONAL LTD (GTI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GTI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV