By midmorning, shares had exploded 33.4% to $12.05.
In the three months to December, the ethanol fuel producer posted net income of 54 cents a share, well over a net loss of 1 cent a share according to analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
A full-year net loss of 17 cents a share was a narrower loss than consensus of 85 cents a share.The company recorded revenue of $188.38 million over the quarter and $881.52 million for the full year. Must Read: Will You Design Your Next Google Smartphone? STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates PACIFIC ETHANOL INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PACIFIC ETHANOL INC (PEIX) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PEIX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV