By midmorning, shares had taken off 10% to $46.63.
Over fiscal 2014 ending December, the managed healthcare provider guides for revenue between $20 billion and $21 billion, and adjusted earnings of $2.04 to $2.19 a share.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast revenue of $20.16 billion and earnings of $2.41 a share.Despite earnings guidance below expectations, fourth-quarter results managed to exceed consensus. The Schaumburg, Ill.-based business reported net income of 56 cents a share, 2 cents higher than expected, and revenue of $4.53 billion, a 36% year-over-year increase. Also See: Why Best Buy Shares are Surging STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates CATAMARAN CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CATAMARAN CORP (CTRX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CTRX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV