Trade-Ideas: Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- GPOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.5 million.
- GPOR has traded 121,686 shares today.
- GPOR is up 3.4% today.
- GPOR was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPOR: Gulfport Energy Corporation engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties. GPOR has a PE ratio of 31.7. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Gulfport Energy Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Gulfport Energy Corporation has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gulfport Energy has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.06 and a short float of 12.9% with 5.86 days to cover. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gulfport Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 7973.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.50 million to $40.53 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $67.49 million or 1.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GULFPORT ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.05%.
- The gross profit margin for GULFPORT ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.86%. Regardless of GPOR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GPOR's net profit margin of 58.88% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- GPOR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Gulfport Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.