Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX) Leading In Pre-Market Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Valeant Pharmaceuticals International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $263.7 million.
- VRX traded 10,859 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- VRX is up 2.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on VRX: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical products and medical devices in the areas of neurology, dermatology, and branded generics. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Valeant Pharmaceuticals International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has a market cap of $48.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.79 days to cover. Shares are up 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Valeant Pharmaceuticals International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VRX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 74.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VRX's share price has jumped by 123.42%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although VRX had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The gross profit margin for VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL is currently very high, coming in at 74.70%. Regardless of VRX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VRX's net profit margin of -63.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.52 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, VRX maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.78, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV