RTI International Metals, Inc. (NYSE: RTI) today reported fourth quarter and full year 2013 results and issued its financial guidance for 2014. Certain elements of reported results are preliminary pending the finalization of the Company’s impairment analysis and deferred tax asset valuation allowance restatement discussed in further detail below.
2013 Fourth Quarter Results Summary
- Net sales were $200.0 million, compared to $185.6 million in 2012.
- Reported operating income was $3.4 million, including an estimated $18 million non-cash impairment charge related to the Company’s medical device business unit.
- Operating income excluding the estimated impairment charge was $21.4 million, compared to $17.6 million in 2012.
- Titanium mill product shipments were 3.9 million pounds compared to 3.7 million pounds last year.
- Boeing 787 seat track deliveries totaled 28 equivalent ship sets.
2013 Full Year Results Summary
- Net sales increased $83.3 million, or 12%, to $783.3 million, compared to $700.0 million in 2012.
- Reported operating income of $59.4 million includes an estimated $18 million non-cash impairment charge and $16.3 million of cost recoveries from the collection of the Company’s prior period duty drawback claims backlog.
- Operating income excluding the estimated impairment charge was $77.4 million.
- Operating income excluding the estimated impairment charge and the cost recoveries related to the prior period duty drawback claims backlog was $61.1 million, compared to $47.4 million last year.
- Titanium mill product shipments for the year were 16.3 million pounds compared to 16.5 million pounds in 2012.
- Boeing 787 seat track deliveries totaled 78 equivalent ship sets for the year.
- End of year backlog totaled $516 million.
CEO Comment“We ended 2013 with solid fourth quarter operational performance in most of our business units. As a result, and excluding the estimated impairment charge, we exceeded our full year revenue and operating income expectations and delivered our third consecutive year of growth in revenues and operating income,” Dawne Hickton, Vice Chair, President and CEO of RTI, said. “RTI continued to execute on its integrated supply chain strategy by increasing the monthly rate of our 787 seat track ship set deliveries to ten in December, the successful commissioning of our new electron beam furnace, and the signing of a long-term agreement for a portion of its future production as we become a competitive supplier of rotor-quality jet engine titanium mill products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV