NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's pre-earnings buy-and-trade profiles include five companies that report after the closing bell today and three that report before the opening bell tomorrow.
A detailed technical analysis chart about these stocks is on page 3 of this article. I also explain my number-crunching terms there.
The specialty retailer of casual apparel for all members of the family Gap (GPS) is a focus stock for after hours earnings today as the stock has a gain of 12.4% so far in 2014 as a positive earnings report is anticipated.
From the tech sector, business software provider Salesforce.com (CRM) is my second focus stock for after hours today as this stock is up 15.5% year-to-date in anticipation of an earnings beat.(DDD) ($75.97, down 18.3% YTD): Analysts expect the provider of 3D printing products to report earnings of 22 cents a share premarket Friday. The stock set a 2014 high at $97.14 on Jan. 6 then to a 2014 low at $54.63 on Feb. 5 before rebounding to $82.65 on Feb. 21 so this stock can be extremely volatile with its 200-day SMA at $61.53. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week MMA at $78.32 and its 200-week SMA at $26.63. Reaction to this earnings report is difficult to judge as the weekly chart appears to show the popping of a parabolic bubble.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV