1. 2014 Subaru Forester
KBB didn't just put the Forester at the top of its list, it placed five Subarus in the Top 5 spots of its all-wheel-drive Top 10.
The Outback ($23,495), Legacy ($20,295), Impreza ($17,895) and XV Crosstrek ($21,995) all scored high marks with KBB, but all managed to limbo beneath its $25,000 cutoff.Still, you can't ask for a better investment. A 10-year-old Forester still has more than 25% of its original value. The newer models have ever reverted to the boxy wagon look of their predecessors, while retaining the standard all-wheel-drive for bohemian bourgeois parents trying to balance shuttle runs to lacrosse practice with trips to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Those combined 28 miles per gallon aren't are a vast improvement over the 2013 model's 24 mpg and its interior is bigger than both the Honda CR-V and Ford Escape, though its 34 cubic feet of cargo space is on the low end. Subaru's added Bluetooth connectivity to all its models and beefed up the options on its pricier trims, which means rearview cameras, power liftgate, voice-activated GPS and X-Mode engine control that provides additional traction on inclines and wet roads. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV