MEXICO CITY, Feb. 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Empresas ICA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:ICA) (NYSE:ICA), the largest infrastructure and construction company in Mexico, announced today its unaudited results for the fourth quarter of 2013.
Sustaining the trends shown earlier in the year, ICA generated Adjusted EBITDA of Ps. 1,262 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, an increase of 401% as compared to 4Q12. The Adjusted EBITDA margin was 16.3%. Operating income was Ps. 812 million, as compared to a loss in 4Q12. Revenues in 4Q13 decreased 16% to Ps. 7,729 million, reflecting a lower level of work execution and a slowdown in the construction sector.
For the full year 2013, ICA generated strong increases in operating income and Adjusted EBITDA compared to 2012. The Adjusted EBITDA margin was 16.0%, compared to 9.8% in 2012. The increase in margin reflects the continuing growth of the Concessions business and the transactions for recycling capital, which offset the reduction in construction activity.The results of the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and 2013 have been restated in accordance with IFRS 5, "Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations," as a result of the strategic partnership for social infrastructure projects announced on January 22, 2014 between ICA and CGL, and to include the results of housing in continuing operations, as further described below.
|Consolidated Results||12 months|
|Ps. million||4Q12||4Q13||% Chg||2012||2013||% Chg|
|Consolidated Net Income (Loss)||(174)||1,082||722||1,529||1,466||(4)|
|Net Income (Loss) of Controlling Interest||(399)||681||271||955||585||(39)|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin||2.7%||16.3%||9.8%||16.0%|
|EPS ADS (US$)||(0.20)||0.34||267||0.49||0.29||(40)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV