Matrix Technology addresses four fundamental challenges:
- Low altitude, obstacle rich autonomous flight
- Multi-level contingency management to achieve a needed 100X improvement in levels of system reliability
- A path to qualification or certification, and
- Lifecycle cost reduction
The Matrix Technology program is led by Sikorsky Innovations, the same rapid prototyping organization that in 2010 proved the physics of efficient 250-knot flight in a rotorcraft with the X2 Technology ™ Demonstrator program.
"Sikorsky's Matrix Technology program has set rigorous key performance parameters through the end of 2014, including demonstrating safe flight in obstacle-rich environments, shipboard and brownout condition landings. Beyond 2014, we'll continue to tackle new challenges and address customer requirements that further advance autonomy capability for VTOL aircraft," said Chris Van Buiten, Vice President of Sikorsky Innovations.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
SOURCE Sikorsky Aircraft
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts