Updated in fifth paragraph to correct reported adjusted income.
By late afternoon, shares had gained 4.2% to $17.31.
In the three months to December, the cable service provider generated revenue 4.5% higher to $1.58 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast sales of $1.57 billion.Net income of $51.8 million, or 19 cents a share, was lower than $116.54 million, or 45 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter. The year-on-year decline was due to the absence of profits from Bresnan and Clearview Cinemas, two discontinued operations. Stripping out these variances, adjusted income was 18 cents a share, higher than analyst consensus of 9 cents a share. Also See: Cablevision Reports Q4 and FY Results STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates CABLEVISION SYS CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CABLEVISION SYS CORP (CVC) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CVC Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV