KB Home (NYSE: KBH), one of the nation’s largest and most recognized homebuilders, unveiled its first ZeroHouse 2.0 in Los Angeles County today during a special event at the builder’s Dawn Creek community in Lancaster. The newest ZeroHouse 2.0 is the first KB home designed to achieve both net-zero energy status, and zero freshwater irrigation use by a family of four or more. Dubbed the “Double ZeroHouse” for its dual emphasis on energy and water efficiency, the home is equipped to recycle drainwater on-site and reuse it for landscaping, minimizing the home’s overall demand for new water and eliminating the household’s need to use freshwater for the home’s established low-water landscaping.
KB Home estimates that the Double ZeroHouse 2.0 at Dawn Creek can conserve 150,000 gallons of water each year when compared to a typical resale home and landscaping, a reduction of approximately 70%. In addition, the ZeroHouse is designed to produce as much energy as it consumes, potentially yielding an electric bill of $0.
KB Home celebrated the debut of its Double ZeroHouse 2.0 with an educational event this morning at Dawn Creek, where students studying solar technology at the University of the Antelope Valley were treated to presentations by officials from the City of Lancaster, the State of California, KB Home and its supplier partners.
“We laud KB Home for the environmental leadership and performance achieved by its ZeroHouse 2.0 model,” said David Hochschild, commissioner of California’s Energy Commission, who was present at this morning’s ceremony. “KB Home’s extensive sustainability initiatives have already led to the construction of thousands of solar powered homes and millions of dollars in energy savings for its customers. The cooperation of KB Home and businesses like it will be instrumental as we continue the important work of building a better, more energy-efficient California.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV