ATLANTA, Feb. 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atlantic American Corporation (Nasdaq:AAME) today announced that its board of directors has declared an annual cash dividend of $0.02 per share. The dividend will be payable on April 25, 2014 to shareholders of record as of March 27, 2014.
Hilton H. Howell, Jr., chairman, president and chief executive officer of Atlantic American stated, "The declaration of the annual dividend reflects the continued confidence we have in the Company, and our continued desire to create value for our shareholders."
The Company expects that it will release its 2013 results in March 2014.Atlantic American is an insurance holding company involved through its subsidiary companies in specialty markets of the life, health, and property and casualty insurance industries. Its principal subsidiaries are American Southern Insurance Company, American Safety Insurance Company, and Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance Company. Note regarding Private Securities Litigation Reform Act: Except for historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements due to a number of factors and risks detailed from time to time in statement and reports that Atlantic American Corporation files with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: For further information contact: John G. Sample, Jr. Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Atlantic American Corporation 404.266.5501
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV