3 Technology Stocks Nudging The Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Facebook ( FB) is up $1.12 (1.6%) to $70.97 on light volume. Thus far, 20.8 million shares of Facebook exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 65.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $70.01-$71.22 after having opened the day at $70.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.85. Facebook, Inc. operates as a social networking company worldwide. It provides a set of development tools and application programming interfaces that enable developers to integrate with Facebook to create mobile and Web applications. Facebook has a market cap of $139.8 billion and is part of the internet industry. Shares are up 27.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 31 analysts who rate Facebook a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Facebook as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Get the full Facebook Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts