Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Why settle for average when the markets are have so many ways to win? That was Jim Cramer's question to "Mad Money" viewers Thursday as he reviewed some of the market's biggest winners.
Cramer said that while many "experts" still advise just investing in index funds, today's market shows how a little homework can allow investors to do so much better.
Among the day's biggest winners were stocks such as Mylan (MYL), First Solar (FSLR) and Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF). Cramer said that all three of these stocks have terrific prospects and were easily "gettable" during last week's sell off.Other big winners on the day included Best Buy (BBY), a stock investors could've spotted with a little homework, along with Kohls (KSS) and Sempra Energy (SRE). Rounding out Cramer's favs were eBay (EBAY), which may bring out value by splitting itself up, Verizon (VZ), which is now a faster growing telco with a terrific 4.5% yield, and Whirlpool (WHR), the appliance maker that both Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD) told us should do well this quarter. Don't settle for average, Cramer concluded. There are plenty of great companies with great stories to tell, if you know where to look.
Executive Decision: Aneel Bhusri and Mark PeekFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Aneel Bhusri, chairman and co-CEO, and Mark Peek, CFO of Workday (WDAY), the cloud computing purveyor of human resource services that just reported a smaller-than-expected loss, a huge rise in revenue and a 50% increase in its customer base. Shares of Workday are up over 56% since Cramer last checked in back in November.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV